A woman who made a fire in her kitchen was arrested and charged with reckless endangerment.
A woman who set a fire while washing her face at a Walmart was charged with arson.
Police say the fire started in the kitchen of a home in Melbourne’s west on Thursday.
“The suspect allegedly lit a fire and was found to be burning in the same room as the fire and had access to the stove in the room,” police said.
“She allegedly left the stove on unattended for approximately 15 minutes.”
Police say it took about two hours for the blaze to burn itself out.
“At no point was there a risk to the life of the suspect,” the statement said.
The woman was later released on bail.